Sunday, October 3, 2010

New home...

I moved into my new place in mid-August. It's pretty fuckin' sweet having my own place. You wouldn't think so, but it's a lot less stressful than living at home for some reason. Granted that I was already on my own at home and for the most part, doing my own thing the whole time, but still... There's just something that's refreshing and freeing about having a space to call your own. I'm pretty much settled in and I'm 90% through making the space my own with some posters and snowboards mounted on the walls. I love it.

It's a studio apartment, so there's not much space to work with, but I like it. It's all I really need. Here's a look:








I was actually afraid I might get lonely living out in the valley, away from central Los Angeles, my friends, and being alone. But after these couple of months, I'm totally fine. I actually enjoy the solitude during the week, and the trips down to LA over the weekend to see friends/family. The solitude has actually made me more productive. No distractions. It haven't been lonely at all.. I think me being busy with school and the routine of life in general helps with that too. Life's been good.

More later.

2 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Well good for you Brent!! I recently bought a studio apartment too & I'm just waiting for all the paperwork to end so I can move in! Love your couches! I can imagine it's hella lot less stressful not being home! Best wishes in your new place!

Mahalo Apollo said...

Looks good, Brent. Hit up "More Than Waffles" for breakfast sometime. Trust me.