Sunday, October 10, 2010

No touchy-touchy... BRO...

I went out to a couple places for drinks this weekend with an old friend. We checked out a couple places in West Hollywood called The Surly Goat and Bar Lubitsch. The Surly Goat is a pretty cool beer bar. I like craft beers so naturally, I liked their selection. It was a good sized crowd too. To me though, it's more of a hang-out bar, like a place to go to on a weekday. I've been meaning to check out Bar Lubitsch forever now, I just never got around to doing it. It's pretty cool. Packed full of people, but a good looking crowd. My circle of friends have all been trying to find new places to hang out lately. Our tastes have gotten a bit more refined I guess. All the usual places just aren't that fun anymore and getting old. I think I'll be coming back to Bar Lubitsch more often though.

The Touchy-Touchy...
I like places with a good amount of people, but when it's way too crowded with people packed into every open space, it blows. And I hate when there's a constant stream of people squeezing through and they get all up in yo personal space and shit yo. The ladies squeezin' through I don't mind all that much for obvious reasons, but when dudes come rambling through all macho-like, it irritates the shit out of me. It's like, "Bro/Dude/D-Bag, just lightly tap me on the shoulder and say 'Excue meh' and I'll make some room for you broski". And guys, please don't do the following:

1. Letting your hand linger on my shoulder longer than necessary
2. The surprisingly thorough shoulder squeeze/massage
3. The lingering two hand squeeze on both sides of my fucking waist.

Don't do the third one -- Ever, actually. It's not cool.

I see your plight ladies. We dudes are fucking gross.

But girls, move #3 is totally okay for you to do to guys, but don't be surprised if we start hitting on you.

3 comments:

Paige said...

2. The surprisingly thorough shoulder squeeze/massage

muauhahahah that is the worst!

Mahalo Apollo said...

Hahahaha amazing post! Dudes do #3 to other dudes?? Dude doers...

Mahalo Apollo said...

Also, I kind of want to see one of those macho dudes barreling through people. When I read that, I just pictured the obnoxious cast of Jersey Shore.