Monday, May 3, 2010

Cool story bro-colli...

So I grabbed a late dinner in the Westwood area of LA (near UCLA) and as I was walking back to my car, a homeless man eating a slice of pizza walked by me and shouted at me "I'm one of the head honchos in Hell! I just wanted to let you know man!" So I said, "Cool story bro" and kept walking. It's safe to say he was pretty schizo. Just wanted to share that. I just thought to myself when he was shouting at me with that mouthful of pizza, "This would only be worth retelling to someone if I respond instead of ignoring him and walking away..." So yeah. Cool story bro.

I'm pretty excited about going back to school in August. Finally. Film school. Finally learning what I've been wanting to go to school for, for all this time. I spent about 4 and a half years in a community college jumping from major to major, practically completing all of the major requirements to transfer with for both English and Sociology on the way. I'm going to need to find a part time job also. I can't imagine myself working a full time job all the while being a full time student. I've done it before during my freshman year, and it was not fun waking up at 4AM to return home at 11PM and repeating it for five days out of seven.

So the band's been making a lot of progress. There's a lot of stuff in the works and I feel good about it all. It's exciting. I got them their first venue gig for the 8th of May and it's a paid gig! Bands usually never get paid to play unless you know, they're a big deal. This one show promoter was so impressed with our demo however, that he offered us one out of two headlining time slots for his "fusion" show. It's on Saturdays, and it's basically a mix of good bands and DJs from different genres. It's $10 at the door but only $5 with a flier, and the band makes $5 for every person that shows up that's there to see us. Awesome. And that money will go directly to printing cards and our EP album CDs. Yep, we have yet to get those printed. It'll be awesome to have those done. Here, take a look at the flier the promoter got made for the upcoming show. Apparently our band was the only one to send him a band logo graphic so our band's name really pops in comparison to the other ones haha.



We invited pretty much everyone we know. Hopefully we'll get quite a few people to show up.

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

I wish I could come! You guys will do great. And yeah, hopefully you don't have to do full time work/student, because that would be terrible. Can you not just keep working at your aunt's?

Melanie's Randomness said...

Ohh your getting to go to film school!!! Ohhh Congrats dear! I'm so glad that things are going in the right direction for you!!! And best wishes to Morrow! If you guys come to east coast when your famous, I'll make sure to check in a show! =) Keep going!!

Jill said...

That's great you are going to film school! It's always great to get to do what you love.
Good luck with it. My friend left our college junior year to go to a one year film school in Boston.

I hope the show goes well too! If I was anywhere near L.A., I'd go :D