Thursday, March 4, 2010

I need a dollar...

I've been uninspired lately.

There hasn't been much self-analytical/profound thoughts happening, but I have come to a realization for myself. It might just be because I'm at the stage of life (20's) where we basically shape and build the base for our futures, or maybe it's just who I am, but I feel as if I'm meant for something more. I don't even know what the hell that means yet. I just feel like there has to be something more. I've thought lately of how most of us live through our lives being in the safe zone: The steady 9 to 5 job that provides just enough for everything. That's all fine and dandy. Totally honorable, and "correct". I have no problem with that, I just feel as if I need something more than that. That if I were to do the same, I'd be completely unsatisfied. Maybe I'm just ignorant, maybe all those 9 to 5'ers ARE unsatisfied, but they have obligations. That's fine too.

Life's a hustle. I feel like some people are out there that are just plain intelligent and talented in so many things, that they can get by doing whatever. Only time will tell if I'm one of those. I don't really want to be one of those people, I know what I want to do. Write. I'm going to hustle my way until I succeed.

New HBO TV Show called, "How to make it in America". The song in the intro of the show is awesome. Do me a favor, and listen to the song. It's great.
Aloe Blacc - I Need a Dollar

3 comments:

Jeanette said...

1) Great song

2) Your surprise may help with this hahaha ;)

Melanie's Randomness said...

i completely understand. I say that all the time. There's gotta be something more. I'm hustling along with ya!

Aquiles Damiron-Alcantara said...

Brent,

I don"t even know where to start. This post translates the frustration that many of us feel into the strong emotions that invade our minds and hearts at this age.

We are passionate people with a constant desire to reach places. People who love intensely, only to be free. People who hate time constraint and boundaries, also barriers.

I relate to your thoughts and ideas. I am there too; exploring what is next; trying to make sense of the preset so the future can be everything we want.

Buenos deseos,
Aquiles