Saturday, December 26, 2009

Merry Christmas 2009...

Hey, Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays everyone.

There are a lot of things that go through my head when the end of the year comes around. I typically think of all the things I did or accomplished, and want to feel satisfied with how I spent the year. I think I am. I mean, there's nothing significant I can really do until I'm done with school. What I have accomplished however, is grasping the sense of what I want my life to be, and what I want to do. I feel confident in what I want out of life and I feel focused on getting what I want. Life is short and sometimes it doesn't feel like it, but when you think back on certain times the memories start to blur and it all goes by pretty fast. It's Us versus Time. Let's try to make the most of it.

I'm also thankful for a lot. I'm going to take a page out of Oprah's philosophy and do my "List 5 things you are thankful for everyday". No worries, I don't watch Oprah personally, but I always get the re-cap and regurgitated version of her shows from my Aunt.

I'm thankful for:
1. My friends. They're lifetime friends.
2. My Aunt. She raised me since age 4. She made me who I am today and what I will be tomorrow.
3. My resources. Not much money being a student and all, but I have what I need. Especially my car. I love it, and you've got to love what you drive. And also, you really do need a car in LA. Public transportation here just doesn't cut it. Plus, it gets me to the slopes!
4. My capabilities. It's hard to find what you're truly capable of. It takes our whole lives really, but I think I have a good grasp on what I can do. It's good to know.
5. Snowboarding. If there's no snowboarding in Heaven, I'm not going.


The date...
Well, I'm just about to leave for it. I mean, it's really not a big deal. My friend Bryan who's known her for a while has told me she's a flake. We both actually bet each other drinks that she'd cancel. But it's 7:30pm and our 8pm scheduled rendezvous is still on track. We'll see what happens. I'm not expecting much. But I am giving her the benefit of the doubt. That's all a date really is isn't it? A chance to show who you are and if you're more than what you look like?

3 comments:

Melanie's Randomness said...

Good luck with the date!! I like how your focused. I really do. I applaud you for snowboarding, cuz whew I dont think I'll ever get on one of those. hehe. =P

Merry Christmas!!

Jeanette said...

I meant to comment on this before you went on your date but I'm glad you followed through with it, it can't hurt right! I hope it went well!

Melanie's Randomness said...

Hi! District 9 is a trip. It's a completely different type of movie. It's more like a realistic Independence Day. I recommend it. It's a lil violent but it's got a great story to it!! =)