Saturday, December 12, 2009

Baby steps...

Well, it seems that I'm on a new road. I think it's going to be filled with the usual potholes, turns, and speed limit signs life usually throws at us, but I think it'll always be heading in the right direction. That's all we can really ask for in life isn't it? To be facing and progressing the right way -- consistently? It's easy to spot certain people that most definitely took the wrong turn, and I don't want to be one of them.

I've taken the first baby steps in changing my life, and all I have to do is stay consistent. I've talked to my close buds about the crossroads I reached last week, and in turn they're supporting me and were also inspired. My most used line with them was, "I just don't want to be that old man that sits there regretting... not having done certain things in life, ya know?". That always hits home for them, and for me every time I hear myself say it. I think I'll write that into a script. It's good to see the people in your close support groups on the same page as you. It gives you confidence. I've written down the main goals and aspirations on a piece of paper and that paper is going to be in my face all the time. Literally, I'm going to tattoo it on my face. Just kidding. But if I did, that would be awesome... for a very short amount of time... like minutes... maybe an hour, at most. Anyway things are looking GREAT. It just FEELS great too. I've been running on my treadmill getting back in shape, which is a huge deal in my book by the way. I grew up an athlete, and for me having been idle for the past year without regular exercise, is as noticeable to me as a tattoo on my face would to you. A year and a half ago I was playing soccer 4 days out of the week at 3 hrs a day! And over the past year... I've done absolutely nothing. I surprised myself on the treadmill though because on my first day - Wednesday, after a 20 minute warm up walk, I pumped out a 10 minute mile no problem. And recently, I got through a whole chapstick without losing it! Clearly, I'm amazing. Clearly. I also have my snowboard waxed and ready to go, I'm going to start going to Sunday night soccer scrimmages again, I'm writing, I'm managing my friend's band, "Morrownow", etc.! There's a lot going on to keep me busy. I just have to ride this wave of activity and keep a focus of consistency... Wish me luck guys, and I wish the same for you.

Recent Progress with the band:
I got them a photo-shoot with a VERY experienced, and professional photographer, Joseph Linaschke. He just got done shooting the singer/artist Seal in Concert in Europe recently. Here's a couple of group photos of all of us together after the photo-shoot was done. Joseph is in the bottom-center holding the camera(of course). Yours truly, is on the far right (I'm the most yellow). If you're interested in the progress of the band, check out their blog (which is mostly written by me) at www.MORROWNOW.com



7 comments:

Jeanette said...

Man! You have taken it up a notch... being awesome that is. But really, you're getting a lot done! Not just with the band but with yourself. The band (and yourself) are looking good though!

Anne. said...

So I'm pretty much just gonna continue to lazily sit on my bum and vicariously live through you. Haha seriously though, good for you for the continued progress with yourself and the band! Those photos look awesomeeeeee.

Also, my friend introduced that Bawls Guarana drink to me that night and I freaking loved it.

Melanie's Randomness said...

Oh I love the photos of you guys! Thats great!! I'm glad your making progress!! Every little bit counts! =)

saveyoursoul said...

Awesomeeee. I love the pictures. Thanks for the comments/catch ups. I think that's what we all need to do--take baby steps.

The Trav monster said...

Hey Brent!
Looks like things are on the rise! I'm especially happy about the chapstick and the futbol games coming up! I'll be back in town on Monday the 21st. So my official homecoming game will be the following Sunday. I'm looking forward to it!

Girlie | Brochures Printing Online said...

Wow! The photos look awesome! Hope you could add some more.

Jill said...

Wow cool photos! :D