Saturday, November 21, 2009

Looking up...

Another busy week for me. It's been great though, I'm loving having something to do each day. It brushes the "monotonous-rust" away that's been building up during this past, uneventful, unproductive, summer.

I feel like I talk tons about my friends in my posts. I guess that just shows how close and how much a part of my life they are. My family for instance, I almost never see any throughout the year. I wish we were like the families in the movies where we would all see each other for the holidays, or at least on some random, consistent basis. But to be honest, and for example, I haven't spoken to my closest-located relative -- my cousin (also named Brent, I know, how original of my mother), since his brother's wedding this past June. I think I posted about the wedding too. He's busy with his growing toddler, wife, and new job. I understand. But that's where lies our family's characteristic of it "being ok" not talking to each other for however many months at a time. I always mean to call him, but simply forget. It's just how it is.

Be right back, steamed crab awaits...

Okay. So as I was saying... Since my family isn't the typical family, well... the bottom line is I appreciate my friends a lot, and I have a good group that I rely on, and can rely on for the rest of my life. We all go through our troubles and hardships, and we've been there for each other. It's just a naturally difficult period of time in our lives at the moment, and I'm glad I have them around. Needless to say, these close friends I'm talking about are also members of the band I am "managing". It just makes the situation all the more fun, exciting, and motivating. I love it. We hang out and do our normal thing, but all of a sudden, we have this major commonality between us to talk and get enthusiastic about together, besides the norm... girls. It's been tons of fun making things happen and setting things up. I got a band photographer, and now we're looking at a small club called the Dragonfly as their first gig in a few weeks. Also in a few weeks, they're going to record a three-song demo in a studio. With that, I can shop it around and get better gigs for them, thus increasing their fan base. That's all it is right now anyway, building up a significant fan base that will actually come out to shows.

We were filming a band interview video and they snapped this picture of me. They said I look very "Mr. Manager".





Not much else going on really. I'm going to get myself up in the mountains soon since it's snowing now, and surf the mountains a bit. The first snowboarding trip of the year will probably motivate a whole post, and will inspire the usage of a camera while I'm there of course.

5 comments:

nando.gino said...

Congratulation for ur busy days, wish u will always productive. And yes, it is so great when we have friends to share our happiness and sorrow.

Anyway, I must agree with ur friends, from ur picture, yes you are so 'mr.manager' look like.

Jeanette said...

Let's see we've already discussed how I'm jealous of your almost simultaneous snowing/surfing abilities. Also if it helps and I had a ton of money I'd come to the first gig Mr. Manager.

Melanie's Randomness said...

I love that "I have stuff to do" feeling. I hear ya on the family stuff, it's so great to have a close group of friends to pal around with. That's amazing that you have that & that they are important to you. Oh you do look very manager-ish. Good for you!! Good luck recording in the studio!! =)

The Trav monster said...

Well in Brent!
Hope that the 'managorial' business is fruitful! See you over Christmas!~

Jill said...

Your picture is very professional-looking :).
Do you and your friends spend the holidays together then?