Herro! Well I've been pretty busy and productive the last few days... and I LOVE IT. It's been a great change from the usual... nothing I've been doing a lot of. The managerial duties of the band has really been coming around full circle, and things are really coming into shape. We have all of our networking up, I shot about 2 hours of video footage last night at their practice, and I'm currently editing it into an Introductory kind of video for the sites/fans. It gives an inside-look to the personalities of the guys, and the group as a whole. The plan now is to make a 3-song demo which will be done in about a few weeks to a month or so, and with a studio we have previous experience with is already lined up and ready to go for that. Since the band's sound is so unique, we're doing our best to search for other bands as similar as possible so we can play a "premier" show with them. Needless to say, it's pretty hard looking for these certain bands. I've been so busy doing all these things in fact, I'm on TWO computers at the moment. I know, I'm pretty amazing. You know what else is amazing? I just recently got through my SECOND chapstick all the way through without losing it! Please, don't hold your applause.
Something else in my world of 2nds...
I've recently received my 2nd Honesty Scrap Award! The first time I received it was last January. What's with the "Scrap" part of the award? I don't get it. Anyway. From the last time I received the award, it was given to people who write honestly in their blogs. But from the rules below, you can see this has upgraded to "brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you". Cool. I must be the bomb diggity. Anyways, I'd like to thank Jill at her great blog, Life After College for giving me the award. Much appreciated, and I dig the acknowledgment whole-heartedly.
The Rules of the Award
1) Thank the person who gave the award and list their blog and link it.
2) Share "10 Honest Things" about yourself.
3) Present this award to 7 others whose blogs you find brilliant in content and/or design, or those who have encouraged you.
4) Tell those 7 people they've been awarded HONEST SCRAP and inform them of these guidelines in receiving the award.
*My 10 Honest Things About Myself*
(Dude. This is hard. I have to look at my answers from before so I don't write the same answer twice.But a lot has changed from a year...)
1. I'm almost always late. I'm never late to the important things, but usually to the "regular" things. When I say I'll be there at 10:30pm, expect me there 10:45pm. Depending on what we're doing of course. Just know I cut it pretty close.
2. I used to be very insecure about my looks in high school. Wasn't that the time almost everyone was though? I find peace in that, but I never found peace in how I was about 40lbs. overweight. So I lost it all in college. Now I'm sexy.
3. I'm a very competitive person and very team-oriented. I don't like to lose. It all stems from growing up playing team sports all of my life. I'm like... meant to succeed in team-dynamic situations.
4. I like "chick-flick" movies. I LOVE rom-coms(romantic-comedies). "The Proposal"? Watched it. "The Ugly Truth"? Watched it, loved it. I just think they're crazy entertaining. That's what they're meant for, so enjoy.
5. I have a promise to myself to one day perform stand-up comedy and invite all of my friends. They all tell me to do it, so one day, they're going to get a random, surprise invite.
6. I never get enough sleep when I'm in school. I'll stay up even when I'm tired. I feel like... bored or something. Like I'm wasting time, or didn't do enough with my day besides school to justify sleeping and wasting the hours. It's weird and I can't put a finger on the exact reasoning behind it all. But yeah, I'm usually running on only 6 hours of sleep at most when I'm in school. It's terrible.
7. The plan is to go to Cal-State Northridge. But I just can't see myself living out in the valley... Eww. If you guys ever watch the HBO show "Entourage" and they talk about the "valley", it's true. It's just gross out there to me. It's 10 degrees hotter, flatter, boring, and just, eww. I grew up in central Los Angeles all of my life, and can't see myself out in Northridge. Gross.
8. If I wasn't pursuing writing as a career, and screenwriting for my degree, I'd probably pursue something in Marketing. I know what the people want!
9. I can't stand rude people. Assholes, jerks, whatever you want to call them. I have absolutely NO tolerance. We come across people everyday, and you're bound not to like a few, and those are my few. If a person doesn't have the decency to treat people right, they don't deserve any room in anyone's lives. Bottom line.
10. This one is sort of recycled from the last year: My friends = family. I say this because I never grew up with much family around. Everyone was far away. It was usually just my Aunt and I. If you've been around my blog for even a few reads, you'll see how much I mention my friends. It's because they've been around since childhood. The closest friends I hang out with now, are truly the closest friends I've been around since childhood. Two I've known since I was 4 years old. I've known almost all of my closest friends since at LEAST 8 years old. That's a long time. We all consider each other brothers, and I love them all. They'll be around for the rest of my life. Just my friends in general, are good quality people. The weeding process just happens naturally, you know how it is. I surround myself with good people.
The 7 people/blogs I present "The Honest Scrap Award" are in no particular order:
1. Melanie at Melanie's Randomness
2. Jeanette at Cooler Ranch or Nacho Cheese?
3. David at The Rest Is Still Unwritten
4. Match me, please
5. Anne at stream-of-consciousness
6. Priscilla Ahn's brand new blog at Girl In A Tree (A crush on her helped with this choice. Refer to an old post: http://brentthewriter.blogspot.com/2009/01/windows-and-dreams.html)
7. Jen at Welcome to the Jungle - Another aspiring screenwriter in Hollywood. Cool.