Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Band Progress...

Wow, it's been a week already?! It only feels like a few days have gone by.

Well let me tell you, I've lived out a pretty exciting and busy past week. I don't have much of a productivity problem at the moment. Lots of free time still, but now I actually need the time. My friend's band that I've been "managing" are taking their first steps to getting their name out there and start gigging soon. We're not brand new at this in the least. Everyone in the band has had years of performance experience, and Josh lead a band himself for over a year. I was along for the ride since the beginning from where he first picked up a guitar, so I actually have an idea of what to do also. The book "All about the music business" the apparent "bible" to all things music business has been pretty helpful the past week too.

The band's name is "Morrownow". I've been setting up about 5 of their networking websites in the past week. It's actually a lot of work trying to keep up and network consistently on them. They also have a blog, under the newly purchased "www.morrownow.com" domain (We're pretty proud of that and giggled like little girls). I've been waiting on some personal bio info from the band members before I update their blog. Hmm what else... Yeah, setting up their facebook page, twitter, myspace, and youtube. The myspace existed for a long time before, but now custom HTML website coding is in the works for it. In fact, there's a whole list of "to-do's" for each of these sites that I had to write it all down. Either way, it's keeping me busy and I love that. This band has a lot of potential, and what motivates me the MOST, besides their blatant talent, is how we're all close friends already. Josh, probably my closest and best friend from childhood, Jason, whom I've known since high school -- also part of my "closest friends" group of buddies, and Bryan, also in that group. We all consider each other brothers. Tom, the bassist, is brand new to our group but is an awesome guy with the personality to match. He fits right in. I think all of us being actual close/best friends with each other makes us unique, and I think that quality will carry us a long way.

They want to start playing gigs in the next few weeks. I have my role to play for that. "Mr. Manager". But like I told them, I want/need to earn that title.

As for regular things, I think that phase of not going out to bars lately is slowly tapering off. I don't think I'll ever get back up to 4-5 nights out a week again, but I definitely will be using my weekends. There's just this "urge/craving" to go out again. I don't know what it was, but the bottom line is I went out both nights this past weekend. A college party on Friday ngiht, and then checked out a cool new bar in Downtown LA called the "Seven Grand" with Josh and another buddy on Saturday night. The place was really cool, and will probably be my default hangout from now on. It's a step up in maturity level too, and I think that's what all of us were looking for.

If you have facebook, myspace, twitter, and of course -- a blog, I hope you'll support Morrownow. We're just trying to get off the ground at the moment and network a bit. Plus, the blog should be interesting as it's a behind-the-scenes look to a fresh new band on the road to "making it".

Facebook (be a Fan!)
Myspace
Twitter
BLOG

5 comments:

Anne. said...

I'm excited for you guys! When the band starts doing shows in the Hollywood area, I'll definitely have to come check them out. :]

saveyoursoul said...

Woo happy for you guys. and regarding your first statement isn't it surprising how time can get away from us--days passing to a week.

Jill said...

I have just awarded you "The Honest Scrap Award"!!!
Come accept your award at www.lifeaftercollege3.blogspot.com. :) ~Jill

Jeanette said...

Gave you a shout out on my blog! Check it out!

Jill said...

I just saw this band on 20SB! weird