Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Dipped my toes...

So I'm ready to dive in now. After dipping my toes in the pool of snowboarding last Wednesday, I've already been planning to go again this Thursday. A trip every week would be ideal. In fact, I found out a girl I know is going up by herself also on Thursday and we now have plans to meet up.
Last Wednesday was a good day. I took my time getting up there, leaving at about 10 AM. Surprisingly, it only took me about an hour and fifteen minutes to get there. Very fast. For the first run, I took it pretty mellow just to get the muscle memory and the rhythm of the carving back. From then on, I was blazing down the black diamond runs as fast as I could. After only a couple hours though, a storm started to roll in and engulfed the whole top of the mountain with essentially... a cloud. I couldn't see at all, and visibility was diminishing even on the lower parts of the mountain as the storm came in completely. By then it was time to call it a day. So all in all, it was a decent day of riding, and hopefully Thursday will have clear, and blue skies all day.

Here are some pics of last Wednesday's trip taken with my new blackberry(surprisingly very good quality pics for a phone!):



Storm started to roll in...


Couldn't see diddly...


More pics to come from Thursday.

2 comments:

Albert said...

Damn fog. What the hell is its problem.

Rhaingel said...

Waah! I am so jealous. It's already almost summer here in the Philippines. Whenever I go out the house, I am always kissed by the sun. :D