Thursday, December 25, 2008

"Go time" nearing...

I didn't notice that two weeks had passed by since my last post. It might have a lot to do with how I've been preparing for my upcoming South Lake Tahoe move. I think I'll be leaving January 11th. That's the day I think I'll move up there, but who knows. Nothing's ever for sure. I've been looking online for apartments and places up there for me to live, but it's hard filtering out all of the vacation homes, time shares, vacation cabins, and other such temporary places to live. It's such a vacation hotspot, it's hard to find permanent-ish places to stay there.

Anyways, I found several and I'm flying up to Lake Tahoe today with my Aunt to spend Christmas up there and take a look at some places over the weekend. It'll be my first "White" Christmas! It's the perfect time too, because there's quite a bit of snowfall up there right now. Which reminds me I need to confirm my flight. So I'll be there until Monday the 29th. It should be a fun time up there too. I'm taking my snowboard with me, and Tahoe will have brand new, fresh, powder snow.

Since the time for the move is nearing, it makes me realize how much I'll miss my friends. I'm a very social guy so putting myself into a sort of isolation - in a place where I don't know anyone, will be kind of hard for me. But I also think it'll be a good experience. And hopefully, it'll give me some time to write and focus on that. I'm planning a going away party at a great dive bar that me and my buddies hang out at. That should be an awesome time. I planned it for the 9th, the Friday night of the weekend I leave. I invited about 40 some people, so it should be a good time.

I'm looking forward to blogging while I'm up in Tahoe. It'll be an insightful time I think, because I'll be living on my own, be alone, and on my own. Should be interesting.

Happy Holidays everyone.

2 comments:

mou said...

a very happy holidays to you too:)...

Rhaingel said...

Happy holidays to you! Go check out my blog because you are tagged! I have an award for you. Take care! :)