Sunday, December 28, 2008

Airport Blogging

So I'm sitting in the Reno International Airport Terminal with some free wifi. I decided to blog. So it seems that I have underestimated the forces of nature and the effect it has on the local Tahoe population's economy... as in places for rent. The recent storm that came in and brought fantastic conditions for the ski resorts made all the places that would normally let people rent the places by the month, now try to make the extra buck and rent the places by the night. They can easily make a couple hundred bucks a night just based on the popularity of the time to come to Tahoe at the moment. It's so packed here at the moment.

I took a look at the places I wanted to see, and I wasn't that impressed. The one studio apartment I found was in the perfect location, literally across the street from the Heavenly resort Gondola that takes you right up the mtn., but the studio was also literally a small, tiny, tiny room. Only enough room for a single bed, a small pathway, and not even a full kitchen. No stove or anything. Just a microwave and small refrigerator. It was depressingly small. I filled out an application and they haven't called me back, so I figured they've jumped on the bandwagon and are now trying to rent that place out nightly too now. I have a possible place in North Lake Tahoe through some Craigslist connections, but we'll see how that works out.

SO now the focus is on moving to Big Bear, CA. Which is only about 2 and a half hours from LA. And that way most of my friends can come visit me and snowboard with me. Big Bear has a nice, small, mountain-town quaintness to it. Either way, we'll see what happens. I have a lot of stuff to figure out in the next two weeks.

No comments: